Monday, August 19, 2013

Tag!

Haha apparently my absence has been noticed by someone. Thanks Morgan :) Can't think of a better way to return than with a list so I'll gladly participate. Here we go...

1.) The first rule is to post these rules.
2.) Post a photo of yourself then write 11 things about you/your life.
3.) Answer the questions for you set in the original post.
4.) Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5.) Go to their blog/twitter to tell them you have tagged them.


I can't believe it's been a year since this adventure. Boy do I miss those kids.



A little about me :)
1. I'm almost positive I've written about my relationship with running before (but I'm too lazy to go back and look). To sum it up, I don't like it. BUT! A few months ago, my mom purchased an elliptical so I had been using it almost every day for awhile. Then around 3 weeks ago, I got this crazy idea to go for an actual run. Miracle of miracles, I was able to make a 2 mile loop. So then I started running every other day. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it right away, but I got to the point where I didn't hate it. Until last week. It started (and ended) like all my other runs, though I did notice that my calf was a little sore before I began. Well, apparently I should have paid closer attention to that warning sign because this is what I came home to:


10 days later, I finally went to the doctor and she said I probably had tendinitis (though she couldn't be sure). So there goes all the progress I had been making, as well as the return of my love/mostly-hate relationship with running. 

2. I use the field behind my house as a personal compost pile. I have no idea who actually farms the land, but I like to think the corn near our property line is the best ;) Plus, it drastically reduces the amount of garbage we accumulate. 

3. I have a little triangle-shaped piece of skin in the outside corner of my left eye, but it doesn't affect my peripheral vision at all.

4. I'm one of the least creative people I know. My brain just doesn't function that way. I'm a very black-and-white person for the most part, but I did manage to help a close friend design this bulletin board for her classroom!

5. I second-guess myself over almost every form of communication. Before I say something in a group setting, I think about it over and over in my head to make sure it actually makes sense with the conversation. Before I send a text, post a Facebook comment, reply to an email, or contact someone for the first time, I read over what I'm about to send at least 3 times to make sure it says what I want to say. I have a bit of a problem with overthinking things and caring too much about things that ultimately don't matter/won't even be noticed by the recipient. 

6. I'd pick vice president over president any day. I don't like being the one in charge or the one everyone else turns to for ideas. I'm fine carrying out a task and making sure it gets done, but I need that direction.

7. I get over-invested in TV show, movie, and book characters. I quote them, use them as examples, cry when they die, and get waaaay too excited when something good happens to them. There's just something about getting lost in their lives for the duration of the show or novel that really appeals to me.  I should probably be embarrassed by the amount of time I spend with these 3 forms of entertainment, but I don't. 

8. I was sick for a little over a month in high school and have no idea what I actually had since I never went to the doctor. I'm pretty sure it was a sore throat, cough, and either plugged up or runny nose combo. But the worst part was when I lost my sense of taste because I still wanted chips and ice cream and candy but couldn't enjoy any of them...not fun.

9. In my little high school (160 kids in my class), I was quite the athlete. I set school records in all of the sports I played. As far as I know, some of them still stand. I think the coolest one was when I broke the career rebounding record my senior year because the newspaper had written an article about me saying I might crack the top 5, but I'd never get to the top. So that was pretty fun. (also, you know you're scrounging for information about yourself when you have to go back to high school sports...)

10. I can never figure out whether I'm a morning person or a night owl because I don't particularly enjoy getting out of bed (read: I'm surprised my snooze button hasn't been broken yet) but I'm also bad at staying up late. I tend to be one of the first ones to leave a party (though my introversion may have more to do with that than my lack of night-owlism). I've never pulled an all-nighter, and I need to get a certain amount of sleep each night or I turn into an emotional wreck the next day. So...is there another category in that dichotomy? I mean I can get up early, and I don't particularly like sleeping in past 9, but I don't think that makes me a morning person. Haha these are the kinds of conundrums that keep me up at night an unable to complete personality tests.

11. I pack my lunch and pick out my clothes the night before so that I can sleep in for a few extra minutes if I want. It makes me feel a little like a grade schooler again. 


Morgan's Questions for Me
1. What is the longest roadtrip you've ever taken?
That would be the 20-something hour bus ride to Florida this winter for the FOCUS conference. 

2. Where was your favorite vacation destination you've ever been?
Ooooh this one is tough. I've been to some pretty cool places. I think I'd have to say Croatia, because I don't think you can count a mission trip as a vacation destination. Haha. 

3. Favorite frugal-ish place to clothing shop? (need some help over here! :)
I absolutely stink at shopping. Honestly, my mom buys me most of my clothes for Christmas...and yes, I do realize how ridiculous that sounds. Hahaha. When I actually do shop for myself, I guess I usually hit up your typical department stores' sales racks (Carson's, Macy's, etc). And sometimes I have luck at Target or Maurices. 

4. Easiest I-worked-all-day-but-don't-want-McDonalds-AGAIN recipe? (link-up if you can!)
Well way to embarrass me with two questions in a row that I can't really answer...when I don't feel like making anything for dinner, I usually just have cereal or crackers and cheese or pizza or Pasta-Roni. I have a veeerrrrry unsophisticated palate. Although, I have made this a few times over the past couple months and it's delicious if you like something a little spicy.

5. What did you want to be when you were younger?
From the time I was really young, I remember always wanting to be a teacher because I just loved kids. Oddly enough, every career aptitude test we ever took in grade school told me I should be an accountant. I guess those tests can be accurate. 

6. Any books you're currently reading?
I'm actually looking for a new book to read. I got "The Group" from the library the other day, but I haven't started it yet so I don't know if it'll be any good or not.  

7. What is your favorite TV show at the moment? (or coming back in the Fall!)
Oh jeez, talk about an impossible question. I started watching Graceland (on USA) this summer and got super hooked on it! This fall I'm looking forward to too many shows to count, including Revenge, Criminal Minds, The Following, Parenthood, Parks and Recreation, and I should probably stop there ;)

8. True or False: ice cream makes most bad days better?
e) none of the above. Ice cream makes any and all days better.

9. Do you journal? If so, where and what time of day?
I do journal, though not as regularly as I'd like. For awhile I was writing in it every night before I went to bed, but the habit just didn't stick.

10. What are your favorite fruits and veggies?
Fruits: strawberries, apples, clementines, oranges, pineapples, pomegranates, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, and watermelon.
Veggies: carrots, green beans, corn, potatoes (do those get to count as veggies...?), and tomatoes (let's be honest, no one actually thinks of them as a fruit).

11. Do you thrift? What was your best find?
Hahaha I tried to go thrifting with a master thrifter the other week and failed miserably. I do not have the patience for it, nor do I have the eye. Like I said before, I'm pretty awful at shopping, and I hate that they don't have all the sizes available. Haha. 

My Questions for you!
1. What are some of your tried and true conversation starters? Haha I'm horrible at small talk and would gladly appreciate any easy topics you might have. 
2. Did you read any good books this summer that you'd recommend?
3. Were you named after anyone?
4. Where is one of your favorite places to travel?
5. What was the high point of your week last week?
6. What made you decide to start blogging?
7. What is something you look forward to doing on the weekends?
8. Do you drink coffee? If so, what's your favorite way to drink it?
9. Have you seen anything funny on Youtube lately?
10. What's the worst injury you've sustained?
11. How do you unwind after a long day at work or school?

I'll tag:

No comments:

Post a Comment