Friday, June 7, 2013

7 Quick Takes (12)

Linking up with Jen and her minions for another round of Friday fun.

1. I started two more classes this week, for a total of 3 for now. Next week I'll add another, and the week after that, I'll tack on one more. I'm verrrrrrry quickly beginning to question what the heck I was thinking when I signed up for all this work...tax research takes up way more time than I'd like it to!

2. I somehow managed to get myself on the elliptical every day this week! How did I do it you ask?Well, I've taken to rewarding myself for exercising of course. Though I think I need a new system because eating a bowl of ice cream after using the elliptical for 45 minutes feels like it's negating any sort of progress I may have made...

3. My love of SVU has been rekindled. It's not that I ever didn't like it. I just got a little burnt out after taking part in every marathon the show had one year (read: anytime I turned the TV on, SVU was on). Oddly enough, this behavior led to a little thing I like to call burn out, so I did the only sensible thing I could think of--went on a two year hiatus. (Oh, you know how to do things outside of the extremes? Do share.) But now it's back and I feel another addiction starting.

4. I just got a text from a friend asking me if I want to read an encyclical with her each week. Um yes. Yes I do. First up: Mulieris Dignitatem. I.Can't.Wait.

5. If you're looking for a good book to read, I definitely recommend And the Mountains Echoed. It's by the same author as The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns, neither of which I've read but I've heard they're both great, too! I would try to describe it, but that's not something I excel at...my summaries usually go something like this: "well, it's a story. And it's about a family. And how that family interacts with each other. And it's a little sad but also really endearing." That doesn't make you want to read it? How odd. (but still go read it!!!)

6. Is candy crush saga something I should be playing?

7. My family and I played this game at my uncle's party this past weekend and couldn't stop cracking up. Well worth the 99 cents!

2 comments:

Sarah Thérèse said...

An encyclical a week? That is such a great idea! Good luck and be blessed!

Nej said...

Listen... I know Morgan tagged you already, but... TAG, you're it again! ;) http://jumpinginpuddlesisfun.blogspot.com/2013/08/serious-randomness-and-tag.html

Post a Comment