Friday, October 19, 2012

7 Quick Takes

I've been a little MIA for a few days since nothing post-worthy has been happening, but what better way to make a comeback than by joining Jen and company for some quick takes??

1. I've been watching a lot of Gilmore Girls lately. I forgot how much I love the early seasons. Plus Rory is pretty much the epitome of modesty in the all the episodes I've watched so far. Gilmore Girls for the win! *

2. On Wednesday, we had our first religious education mass for all the students. It went about as well as you would expect a mass with a church full of 100+ kids younger than 13 would go. And it ended with me being spit on by one of my 1st graders...

3. After the aforementioned mass, we asked the kids what they remembered the priest talking about. Most of them raised their hands and said "God!"or "Jesus!" (Good answers, kids, but let's try and be a little more specific here.) But then one of the little boys who usually doesn't talk (except of course when we're in the middle of explaining the next activity) says "it's good to be on God's team so that we're never alone." And that's exactly what the homily was about :)

4. Did anyone else watch Grey's Anatomy last night? I do love me some good drama. On TV of course. I can't say I'm a big fan of it in real life. (Half of my post is about TV so far. Clearly I've had a very busy week).

5. I just finished week 2 of cat sitting. The cats still refuse to be within a 10 foot radius of me. I'm going to start taking it personally soon. I even showered before I went yesterday! Maybe they don't like my soap.

6. It's beginning to look a lot like hot cocoa season! Especially when the heat is set at 63 in the house. Eek!

7. I renewed my library card yesterday. And yes, that's the only other exciting thing I can think to add...don't judge me! (Do provide some book recommendations though :) ) How did I use newly renewed card you may ask? By reserving 20 new CDs! including Mumford and Sons "Babel" because I think I may be the only person in the universe who hasn't listened to it yet. Probably.

7.5 (Because no post is complete without a picture).
Will he catch them or not??


Have a wonderful Friday!

*As I was writing this post, I was watching Scrubs (another great show) and Ted referenced Gilmore Girls! What are the odds?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Count me in as #2 person on earth who has not listened to the new CD. I don't know if that should make you feel better--you're not alone--or worse--the only other person is a 40 year old homeschooling mother of 7.

Jordan said...

Hahaha! I'll guess I'll go with the glass-half-full approach and bask in the solidarity. Though you may or may not have a better excuse than I do...

Post a Comment