Friday, October 26, 2012

Quick Takes (3?)

This has turned into a fantastic week so I apologize if some of these are a little longer than they need to be. I'll try and keep it quick!

1. My friend and I decided to become pen pals a few weeks ago because we both love getting fun mail! I haven't had a pen pal since I was in grade school, but it's been a ton of fun (mostly because I used to just exchange letters with my aunt where I'd ask her a million very thought-provoking questions like "what's your favorite color?"). Anyway, I got a letter yesterday and it made my day :) Anyone else have a pen pal?

2. My town isn't big enough for a library so, instead, we have a bookmobile from a neighboring town that comes twice a week. This week it brought me a ton of the CDs I reserved so I've been listening to new tunes. My favorite so far has been the new Keane album.

3. I was doing a general perusing of all the blogs I follow this week and just happened to notice that the vast majority of them are written by moms. At first I thought it might come off as a little creepy since I don't even have a boyfriend, much less a husband and kids. Then I read all their latest posts and decided everyone can take something away from their hilarious, heart-warming, and helpful posts. So thank you moms for sharing your stories with us :)

4. I got my first two comments this week from new visitors, and they both put the biggest smile on my face! Thank you, ladies. I'm always a little hesitant about posting a comment, but now I'd love to give someone else the joy that these women gave me so look out!

5. Before Wednesday's religious education class started, we were sitting in the gym with all the students. One of the little girls came up to me and the other teacher and said "so and so just asked me if I wanted a wet willy and then she stuck her finger in her mouth and put it in my ear." Okay, how the heck am I supposed to respond to that!? I tried really hard not to laugh because I definitely wouldn't want a wet willy, but I wasn't expecting to ever have to scold someone for something like that! Luckily it didn't turn into an on-going problem since I saw the girls playing together later.

6. If the stat-checker is right, I've got readers in Germany, Russia, China, and Canada! (and if it's not right, don't tell me). Hahaha!

7. I started reading The Brothers Karamazov again. I think this is the 3rd time I've attempted to read it. A friend told me it's her favorite book so I figure it must be good. It's just reeeeeeeally long. So far I've enjoyed it, though! I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a wonderful weekend! Head on over to Jen's for much more stimulating posts!

10 comments:

Prof. Hannah said...

You should check out some of the online "swaps."

Jenny said...

#7...I've never read it but I'm looking for some fiction to read, maybe I'll check it out. My older girls have had pen-pals in the past and it was fun to see something so pretty and interesting in the mail.

Nej said...

Thanks for making me laugh! Just found your blog! #4 is SO true... I was just telling my friend the other day how I feel like the only people that blog are moms! :)

Jordan said...

I hadn't ever heard of this idea before your comment, but after doing a quick google search (gotta love google!), I've decided it's definitely something I need to look into. Thanks so much!

Jordan said...

You'll have to let me know how it goes for you if you do end up reading it! I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the characters because all of their names are Russian and I can't figure out how they come up with some of the nicknames! Haha.

Megan L. said...

I would love to have a pen pal! I think getting mail is ten times cooler than e-mails! New comments from new people or the same people make me SQUEAL with delight. It makes my day! Have a great week!

Megan L. said...

Also - I want a bookmobile to bring books to me!

Hevel said...

Hi from Israel (through a proxy showing Hungary)!

Jordan said...

Agreed--snail mail > email. Always. So glad I found a blog friend who enjoys incessant comments, too!

Jordan said...

Hello!! So cool :) Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment